Pro-News Live Scanner Feed direct from the newsroom!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Umm - what's that supposed to be? Amarillo Sox mascot causes gasps...then laughs.

Photo by Brad Fralick


AMARILLO.COM

Amarillo Sox general manager Mark Lee shook his head late Friday evening and simply said: “Oh what a night.”

Friday night was supposed to be a wonderful night at Amarillo National Bank Sox Stadium with the unveiling of one of the two new Sox mascots.

Things turned sour for Lee as the Sox mascot was supposed to look like a sock but looked nothing like Lee had requested. Instead of a soft looking sock-type mascot from nearly head-to-toe, the foot portion of the sock stuck straight out about 2 feet at the waist.

“It was not the way I wanted it,” Lee said. “I’m very disappointed in the lady who did it, and I’ve told her so. She is going to fix it to the changes we want. I want to say on the record, if we offended anybody, I apologize.”

READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what is so offensive. Clearly someone is very excited about the baseball game...

Anonymous said...

You may already be a wiener!

Anonymous said...

Is that your sox or are you glad to see me???

Live: Amarillo Area Air Traffic Radio

Related Posts with Thumbnails